Sunday, October 11, 2009

Delicious winter salad with cabbage and carrot

Have you ever seen carrots this big?

Ingredients
1/2 head of white cabbage, shredded
1 carrot shredded, a little smaller than the ones on the picture ;-)
1 avocado, pitted
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp of whole grain mustard
few tbsps of pure water

Preparation

Mix the cabbage and carrot in a large bow.
Make the dressing in a separate bowl by mixing the avocado, mustard, and lemon juice with a fork until smooth (you may use a blender if you like). Add water if necessary. It should have the consistency of mayonnaise.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.

Tip: you can prepare the cabbage & carrot in large quantity and save in the refrigerator for few days. Then you’ll always have some ready for a quick salad. To prepare, you’d then only have to add the dressing.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jim said...

That sounds like a very tasty and healthy recipe. I will give it a try. Thank you!

James Reno
Raw-Food-Repair.com

LivingFood101 said...

I love anything with avocados! Thanks for this great recipe!

kate said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my son was saved from fibromyalgia , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My son suffered fibromyalgia in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always complain of joint stiffness, and he always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to fibromyalgia . I never imagined fibromyalgia has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. fibromyalgia has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my story